Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dog People...

When I was young my Mother taught (beat into me) me certain manners; it's polite to say/not say this or that, catch more flies with sugar, give people the benefit of the doubt....So as I aged, through various employment and situations I refined this 'politeness', but there are days when I wonder if I was the only one who got beaten, uuhh...I mean, taught manners?

Has no one else heard the expression, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it!"???
I consider myself a very patient person with newbies and usually will be more then happy to overlook the faux pas that they get themselves into, but why, oh Lord why, do I set myself up every time?

As a breeder we get tons of enquiries daily about puppies, but 80% of them are carbon copies of each other and read something like this:
"I want a Dane puppy. How much?"
Some aren't even run through a spell checker and I'm lucky to get the use of capitals or punctuation.

Do people actually think I would waste my time responding?? If you can't even take the effort to put together a short explanation of who you are, why you want a Dane and proof that you have done some research, why should I believe that you will put any love or effort into a Dane puppy?

Of course I thought I was crazy because I'm a dog person but I'm really starting to wonder if maybe I'm the sane one and non dog people are crazy....

I'll stop ranting now.

No comments: