Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jethro uses his big boy voice!

I went to gas up the truck (loaded down with my 2 human kids and 4 Dane kids) at the 'cheap'
station after work, but because both the kids were asleep and I didn't want them being woken up by boofing dogs, I pulled into the furthest away, nobody around, pump *insert the start of the horror music here*.
I them go off into La-La Land while watching the number click by on the pump, when in a heart beat a slight movement from the truck made me aware that something wasn't right, and then another heart beat to realize that the dogs were tweaking on something. At this point a very weird, scummy, dark haired guy pops up between the pumps saying "Hey Baby." At that very moment Jethro filled up the open back truck window (backed up by his big half sister Maggie), ears forward and using his biggest, big dog voice, let a deep, loud rumbling growl out.
Weirdo then asks, "Is he vicious?"
"Yes, very!"
Weirdo then takes off, running down the road!! WTF?!? And if I hadn't had an amazing dog what did he think he was going to do? And if he thought the dog was scary, just try and mess with any of my babies (2 or 4 legged!)!
Good boy, Jethro!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YIKES!! There's nothing like a dane face in a window accompanied by a bark to make people nervous. It was one of the best parts of owning a dane. I'm glad you are okay!
Heather