Monday, May 15, 2006

The Deed is Done

We took Tuesday to Val and Dave's place and got a breeding to Sailor on May 8th-10th 2006. So now we keep our fingers crossed for 28 days and then run her up to the vet for an ultrasound.

A friend who is a PWD lover, already said that if we get puppies I can do a photo shoot by her lake (every PWD needs their own photo shoot!). If all works out maybe I can start to learn how to do the Courier and other water tests.

Envy is being stubborn and won't come into heat....they don't call 'em bitches for nothing! I'm so excited to use the frozen semen that we brought up from Lagarada. I'm hoping that Travis will be just that perfect compliment of body, substance and movement, to Envy. Then we just keep our fingers crossed that there are a few fawn girls to choose from! (Travis is known for throwing boys.)

I'm happy with the companion people that I have started to line up for both litters, I'd love more show homes, but who wouldn't!

I am nervous that Tuesday will have a typical Portie litter of 11 puppies, thruthfully I just haven't the homes yet for the possibility of such a large litter. Porties are too much of a working dog to place with just anyone. They need experienced dog people who are active.

Time will tell how it all will turn out, and our journey begins.

No comments: