Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happier Days

Maggie is doing well and gaining weight. She is proving that her spirit is stronger then any evil captor, and that even though she is a poorly bred Dane she still genetically knows how to 'be' a Dane. Showing off her lean, zoomies and drool skills.
Although I'm sure that I can start backing off the goats milk and whipping cream mixture, she tells me with her eyes that she's not ready to give it up just yet....think of it as a Dane friendly milk shake! What's sad is when you try and feed her high quality food, she doesn't know what to do with it. I gave her 'Deli-Fresh' food (which Darcy almost ate himself - all human grade ingredients - smells great!) and she just stared at it, but 'Alpo' she'll scoff down by the pail!
You can see where Maggie is emotionally weak by her need to have a "blankie", which is her Duck-stuffie...she grooms it and can't seem to settle down without it.

She has a smile and wag for everyone she meets and never asks for a moment of pity, only love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Moo is doing well. Jack informed me of the final pups passing while I was in Spokane this week. So sad.

Take care of yourself and try and catch up on much deserved sleep!