Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ear Taping

I want to preface this post with a warning:  Ear taping is not for everyone, and when I say that I mean that most people are idiots and shouldn't own a dog let alone tape their ears after cropping, as you can take an ear off by incorrectly taping!!!  If you are offended by that statement, good! - you are probably the idiot I'm referring to! 
If you are one of the uncommon people who has "common" sense, then I hope this helps with ear taping!

Here is Lorek with his ears just out of tapes after 3-4 days - Not Bad!
Here is the corset material that you need, I get it at our local fabric store.
Cut the corset material to the length of the ear from in the canal to the tip and a bit beyond. For the safety of the puppy's ear canal and to get a bit more life out of the corset, cover it in medical tape.  One solid piece that you wrap length wise and seal on itself.  They should look like the picture below, but nicer as these ones have already been used once.
Now take another long length of tape and wrap length wise the corset again, this time with the sticky side out.  It will be hard to do, but when you do it this way you don't need to go get glue!
Put a cotton ball or gauze at the end of one side on each corset.  This part will go into the ear canal and protect the inner ear.

1 comment:

E said...

Thank you for the post. I appreciate it. :)